In times of uncertainty and insecurity – like during a global pandemic – people behave conservatively and stay put. But as things normalize, we can expect some employees to head for the exits.
Organizations that haven’t prioritized employee engagement may have more challenges than those that have, and while it is never too late to start, a more rapid and targeted approach may be in order. For those that have prioritized engagement, nobody is immune or should ignore this potential risk to their organization.
To understand what will work for your organization and your employees, you need to ask them! WorkTango recommends a mass, rapid, stay interview or survey and we’re providing the template. Below is an employee survey template to understand why employees stay at their organization. You can find related survey templates here.
Stay Survey Template
As companies prepare their return to the office, we recommend the following survey questions to get a sense of possible attrition,
1. What are the top 3 reasons you stay at this organization? (People, Job Itself, Total Rewards, Company Purpose, Direct Manager, Developing new skills, See a Career Path, Work/Life Balance, Other)
2. I feel recognized for my efforts.
3. I receive valuable feedback to improve in my role.
4. What do you like most about your job? (Open Ended)
5. If you were CEO and could make one change in the company, what would that change be, and why? (Open Ended)
Download the Full Template
Remote Work Remains Red Hot
The Big Picture
A 2021 study by BNN Bloomberg revealed that 1 in 3 workers would seek a new job if asked to return to the office full-time.
Workers Are Aligned
Another 2021 survey revealed that nearly half (42%) of current remote workers say if their current company doesn’t continue to offer long-term remote work options, they’ll look for a company that does.