Effective Date: March 15, 2021
We are WorkTango Inc. (“WorkTango”), a Canadian registered company with a registered address at 502-639 Queen St. W. Toronto, ON, Canada. Our corporation number is 949046-9. We provide an employee engagement and survey software (our “Services”). We also operate the website available at: https://worktango.com (the “Website”).
Information you provide us
You may give us Personal Information by:
- Accessing our Website for information or marketing purposes, where you may submit contact information, or certain automatic data collection may apply.
- Interacting with our Service as an End User, where respond to employee surveys or otherwise interact with our platform and services.
- Using our service as a Customer of ours. Where you are our Customer or are an employee of our Customer you may provide us with Personal Information. The type of information collected includes your name; company name; business address; email address; phone number; username; password; etc..
- Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. We ask you to disclose only as much information as is necessary to provide you with our products or services or to submit a question/suggestion/comment in relation to our Website or our services or products.
- Applying to work with us. The type of information you may provide in your CV, a cover letter, your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. CVs should include information relevant to your employment history and education (degrees obtained, places worked, positions held, relevant awards, and so forth). We ask that you do not disclose sensitive personal information (e.g. gender, height, weight, medical information, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, financial data) in your application.
- Supplying us with goods or services. Suppliers may provide us with information which may include a contact name; email address; business address; and telephone number.
Information we collect from the use of the Website and the WorkTango Service
Service Use (users):
In order to access the Services as a user, you must register an account with WorkTango that will include certain Personal Information such as email, name, company name, position etc. Where you interact with our Service as a user, we will maintain records of that usage. . Your registration information will not be publicly available to users of the Website, however, your name and profile picture will be visible to other administrators within your company.
Service Use (respondents):
Where you respond to surveys or otherwise engage with our Services as a respondent, we collect survey responses and other details about that engagement. Survey details and results are made available to Users. Where surveys are stated to be anonymous, WorkTango uses reasonable efforts to ensure the anonymity of results, but cannot guarantee such anonymity. Please see our Employee Promise.
WorkTango may also collect certain information from visitors to and customers of the Website, such as Internet addresses. This information is logged to help diagnose technical problems, to administer our Website and in order to constantly improve the quality of the Services. We may also track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
Our third-party partners also employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, and scripts that help them better manage content on our Website. We do not tie the information gathered to our Customers’ or End Users’ Personal Information.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, scripts and tags are used by us and our third-party partners. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Website, tracking End Users’ movements around the Website, and gathering demographic information about our End User base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing these types of tracking technologies
Cookies on the Website
When you interact with the Website we strive to make that experience easy and meaningful. When you come to our Website, our web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are files that web browsers place on a computer’s hard drive and are used to tell us whether customers and visitors have visited the Website previously. If you click on a link to a third-party Website, such third party may also transmit cookies to you.
Standing alone, cookies do not identify you personally. They merely recognize your browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself to WorkTango, either by responding to a promotional offer, opening an account, or registering for a free trial, you remain anonymous to WorkTango. Cookies come in two flavors: session and persistent-based. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you’ve closed your browser or turned off your computer. They include such information as a unique identifier for your browser.
WorkTango uses session cookies containing encrypted information to allow the system to uniquely identify you while you are logged in. This information allows WorkTango to process your online transactions and requests. Session cookies help us make sure you are who you say you are after you’ve logged in and are required in order to use the WorkTango application. WorkTango uses persistent cookies that only WorkTango can read and use, to identify the fact that you are an WorkTango customer or prior WorkTango Website visitor (whatever the case may be). We are especially careful about the security and confidentiality of the information stored in persistent cookies. For example, we do not store account numbers or passwords in persistent cookies. Users who disable their web browsers ability to accept cookies will be able to browse our Website but will not be able to successfully use our Services. End Users may be able to limit cookies used by their browsers and third parties by updating settings at: http://www.aboutads.info/choices and http://www.youronlinechoices.eu.
How we use the information we collect
We collect the Personal Information described above in order to provide our Services to our Customers and their End Users, to market our products and services, to improve our Website and to recruit staff.
We will use the information we collect in the following ways:
* To fulfill our obligations arising from our contract with you i.e. to provide you with our Services;
* To set your company up as a customer on our systems.
* To liaise with you about projects that we are undertaking with you.
* To deliver information about our products and services, where you have subscribed to receive same.
* To ensure payment of our invoices.
* To administer and improve our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
* As part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
* To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
* To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about services that may interest you or them.
End Users and Respondents
To provide our Services to you at the request of our Customers, and to communicate that information to our Customers.
To improve the quality of our Services. You are used to determine the effectiveness of our Services and to improve the quality of our Services; WorkTango utilizes anonymized “End User” interactions to information and train our machine learning algorithms.
If you are an End User, we only share your interactions through the Service with the Customer to whom those interactions pertain. If you interact with our Services through several different Customers, we will not share your information across Customers.
Who we share your information with
We may share your Personal Information with our selected business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. For example, these business partners may include our web hosting provider and our IT service providers.
In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to third parties:
* In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
* If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our Customers and their End Users will be one of the transferred assets.
* We may share survey responses of employees with third parties where so directed by the employer who engaged our services, but in such case will use reasonable efforts to require that such third party to agree not use that information to identify any employee or associate responses with any employee.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored in, Canada and/or the United States of America.
The time periods for which we retain your information depends on the type of information and the purposes for which we use it. We will keep your information for no longer than is required or permitted. Generally, this means that WorkTango will delete Personal Information of End Users once our relationship with the Customer is terminated.
Your data rights
You have the following rights in respect of your Personal Information:
* The right to access the Personal Information we hold about you.
* The right to require us to rectify or update any inaccurate Personal Information about you without undue delay.
As a customer of WorkTango, you have the following rights:
* The right to have us erase any Personal Information we hold about you in circumstances such as where it is no longer necessary for us to hold the Personal Information or, in some circumstances, if you have withdrawn your consent to the processing.
* The right to object to us processing Personal Information about you such as processing for profiling or direct marketing.
* The right to ask us to provide your Personal Information to you in a portable format or, where technically feasible, for us to port that Personal Information to another provider provided it does not result in a disclosure of Personal Information relating to other people.
* The right to request a restriction of the processing of your Personal Information.
* The right to address a challenge concerning the personal information handling policies and practices at WorkTango.
Where our processing of your Personal Information is based on your consent to that processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time but any processing that we have carried out before you withdrew your consent remains lawful. You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting email@example.com. Where WorkTango is acting as the Data Processor, End Users should contact the Data Controller, i.e. the entity with which End User has a relationship, to exercise these rights.
This section provides additional details about the Personal Information we collect about California consumers and the rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (the CCPA).
For more details about the Personal Information WorkTango has collected over the last 12 months, please see the section “Information you provide us” above. We collect this Personal Information for commercial purposes described in the section “Information we collect from your use of WorkTango Support Service” above. Ada will only share this information when you make a customer support query to another organization, which is a Customer of WorkTango and which uses our Services to assist their customer support function. Ada does not sell (as that term is defined in the CCPA) the Personal Information we collect.
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California consumers the right to request to know more details about the categories or specific pieces of Personal Information we collect (including how we use and disclose this Personal Information), to delete their Personal Information, to opt out of any “sales” of Personal Information that may be occurring, and to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
California consumers may make a request pursuant to their rights under the CCPA by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify your request using the information associated with your account, if available, including email address. Government identification may be required. Consumers can also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on their behalf.
Our Data Protection Officer can be reached at email@example.com or 502-639 Queen St. W. Toronto, ON, Canada.