Covid-19: Helping Our Customers Connect With Remote Workers
Our WorkTango community is predominantly comprised of HR and business leaders that are focused on building the best employee experience possible… but the unprecedented events of COVID-19 has challenged this shared passion and mission of our community.
At WorkTango, we are very lucky to have a remote workplace already set-up, but it’s important, now more than ever, to be connected with our people.
We wanted to help our customers by offering a few resources:
Getting Sentiment from Employees amidst change
We’ve been helping many of our customers navigate through these challenging times by hearing employee sentiment and understanding employee needs to get real-time insight.
Below are our recommendations of questions that you can use for your company. They are meant to gather sentiment around both the current COVID-19 crisis, and around changing experiences as a result of remote working. Customers have chosen one, or both in their surveys – you can choose what works for your organization:
Sentiment around the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Our organization has taken appropriate action in response to COVID-19.
- Senior Leadership does a good job of sharing information regarding COVID-19.
- Senior Leadership cares about my health and safety.
- I am fully aware of how COVID-19 will affect my role at the organization.
- I have confidence in the organizations ability to overcome the challenges faced by COVID-19.
- I feel comfortable communicating concerns or making suggestions about COVID-19 to leadership.
- I know that I can stop work if I think something is unsafe and leadership will not give me a hard time.
- Systems are in place to enable social distancing at our organization.
- Over the past week, how often have you been practicing social distancing?
- My colleagues are taking the COVID-19 virus seriously.
- Do you have any other feedback that you would like to share regarding the organizations response to COVID-19?
Sentiment around Remote Working
- I have access to the things I need to succeed at work when working remotely.
- The frequency of communication from leaders has been effective.
I am able to be just as productive while working remotely when compared to my usual work location.
I have the materials and equipment I need to perform effectively at home/remotely.
I have the technology I need to help me stay connected to my team when working remotely.
While working remotely, I have a space where I can focus on work.
Our organization welcomes new methods of working and communicating to improve team productivity.
- What additional resources would help you work effectively while remote?
- Do you have any other feedback that would improve our new Remote Work environment?
We know this a busy time, so if you need us to pre-load this for you or set-it up for you, don’t hesitate to let us know… we’ve focused our efforts internally to help our current customers as the main priority.
Structure around remote working
Check out this on-demand webcast we hosted with our guest, Cary Moretti, who has been an expert in remote work for over two decades. The session offers insights on how to navigate through roadblocks with remote (work from home) workers in light of recent changes.
Feel free to access the on-demand webinar here.
We’re here if you need us
WorkTango prides ourselves on not simply being a vendor, but rather a partner with all of our customers. Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can support you in any way.
We are dealing with similar issues given our employee base is across North America and Europe, but know that if we rally together, we will get through this and see a prosperous 2020 and beyond.
Thoughts and best wishes,
-The WorkTango Team
Check out our guides on workplace culture, employee engagement, and employee surveys. Learn about every aspect of a successful employee voice initiative!
Read great blog posts on workplace culture, employee engagement, employee surveys and other great workplace topics.